DEFINITION OF "PERSONAL INFORMATION"
The term "Personal Information" is used to describe all information which clearly identifies a physical person.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY DRUMMOND DESIGNS INC.
Drummond House Plans gathers personal information in order to customize and improve communication and the customer experience as follows:
Information provided by you: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or otherwise provide to us. We use the information collected to respond to your queries, to prepare your custom plan orders and to communicate with you.
Email Communication: In order to develop more useful and interesting emails, we often receive confirmation when you open emails from Drummond House Plans if this feature is supported by your computer. If you do not wish to receive emails or other types of mail from us, please update your preferences.
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS OF THE SITE
Drummond House Plans uses small text files (cookies) to guide you through the process during a quote or online purchase. Cookies are used for identification purposes only: they can not contain or transmit personal information. You may opt out of Drummond House Plans cookies via your browser preferences, but in doing so, you will lose site features, such as your favorite plans or your shopping cart if you do not have a Drummond House Plans account.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Partners: we work closely with our partners. In some cases, these companies can offer their products on drummondhouseplans.com. In other cases, we provide services and/or products in association with these companies. We then notify you that a third party is involved in your transactions and we share your personal information with that third party with respect to those transactions.
- Third party service providers: we retain the services of companies and individuals to perform certain tasks on our behalf. These tasks may include modifying your plans, delivering packages, sending email or mail, analyzing data, assisting with marketing, providing search results and links (including paid ads and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals have access to the personal information they need to perform their duties, but can not use this information for any other purpose.
- Transfers of businesses or activities: As part of the expansion of our business, we may acquire offices or agencies. In this type of transaction, customer information is generally one of the items transferred to the new acquirer, but this information remains subject to any pre-acquisition or sale confidentiality statement (unless the customer explicitly consents to new modalities). In addition, in the unlikely event that Drummond House Plans or most of its assets were to be acquired, customer information would of course be transferred along with the assets.
- With your consent: in cases other than those mentioned above, you will be notified when your personal information is likely to be disclosed to third parties, and you will have the opportunity to choose not to share this information.
Drummond House Plans protects personal information by means of physical, organizational and technological measures according to their degree of sensitivity. The use of restricted areas, passwords and secure encoding are procedures which reinforce security of the data and the proper use of the information gathered.
For confidentiality and security, all information on the Drummond House Plans' site is encrypted for your security. Drummond House Plans' servers use a powerful encryption system called Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) to encode personal information. This system protects confidential information against interception and piracy.Also, only authorized personnel have access to personal information.
ACCESSING MY INFORMATION
Drummond House Plans provides you with access to information about your account and your interactions for the sole purpose of reviwing and, in some cases, updating this information. This list will change as our website evolves.
- As indicated above, you can always choose to not provide us with personal information, even though it may be necessary to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain services offered by Drummond House Plans.
- You can add or update your information. When you update your information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version in our files if necessary.
- If you do not wish to receive emails or other types of mail from us, please update your preferences on the "Manage Newsletter" page of your account.
- If you do not want us to use the personal information we collect to allow third parties to personalize their advertising campaigns that we display for you, please change your preferences on the "Manage the newsletter" page of your account.
MINORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE DRUMMONDHOUSEPLANS.COM
Drummond House Plans does not offer online plans to minors. If you are under 18, you can not use drummondhouseplans.com without the oversight of a parent or guardian.
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update your personal information by simply calling us toll-free Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm EDT at 1-800-567-1413 or by writing to us at the following address: email@example.com
If proceedings concerning your right to privacy prove unfruitful or unsatisfactory, you can contact the agency regulating the private sector :
The Commissioner for the Protection of Privacy of Canada
112 Kent Street
Ottawa ON K1A
Other important legal notices: