There are no shipping fees if you buy one of our 2 plan packages "PDF file format" or "5 sets of blueprints + PDF". Shipping charges may apply if you buy additional sets of blueprints.
6 steps to modify your house plan in one of our 26 regional design offices
Following are the 6 steps to modify your house plan in one of 26 our regional design offices. You prefer to meet us in-person to discuss our custom home design process? Simply contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our design professionals in one of our 26 regional offices. Until then, please review carefully the 6 steps below. You have a house project in mind and have not found the perfect plan in our collection? Check out the information on our custom design services!
STEP 1. PREPARE FOR YOUR PROJECT
To avoid expenses and delays it is important that you prepare details for your new construction project before buying your house plan and contacting us. Here are the important information regarding your future home plan that you need to collect prior to contacting us:
- Buy the land and verify with your municipality about the rules governing your area such as setbacks, mandatory building materials, etc.
- Verify your available financing for the construction of your house or cottage from your banking institution.
- List the essential elements of your custom home design. This list varies from one family to another and must include: the desired architectural style, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, required additional rooms such as an office, a gym, a games room, a sheltered balcony (rear or side), desired type of foundation, etc.
- Add photos and / or sketches, as needed.
STEP 2. OBTAIN YOUR FREE PLAN MODIFICATIONS ESTIMATE
Choose your plan from one of our house plan collections below: click on the link below and you will access all of our plans. Once on this page, use the filters provided in the left column to obtain a group of plans corresponding to your specific criteria (price, number of rooms, style, etc.).
Choose the regional office nearest you and make an appointment. One or more meetings with a Drummond Design expert will allow us to understand your family's needs in terms of space and lifestyle and ensure that your customized plan will correspond to your exact expectations and your budget. We can also visit your home or site of construction, if you wish ($).
STEP 3. RECEIVE YOUR ESTIMATE within 7 working days
Within 7 working days following the receipt of your documents by email or a meeting at one of our 26 Drummond House Plans regional offices, or at a time agreed between us, a written estimate and details regarding our service offer and timelines regarding initial project delivery will be provided for your approval. The delivery time of a construction plan can vary from a few days to a few weeks depending on the time of year. Following the receipt of your preliminary plans, timelines may be readjusted depending on the time required for your reflection and the number of revisions required.
STEP 4. COMPLETION AND DELIVERY OF YOUR PRELIMINARY PLAN
Following the approval of our estimate (STEP 3) as well as acceptance of the delivery timelines of your final plan, sketches can be made for you to ensure that we have the same vision as you have of your project.
- We will then proceed with the production of the preliminary plan which may include, among other things, floor plans and elevations of the 4 sides of the house, or any other information relevant to your project.
- We will then follow up by emailing or handing over your preliminary plan to ensure that all details are in line with your expectations. If you wish, and we have provided for by agreement, different design options can be presented to you.
- At this stage we will make corrections as needed until the entire plan is perfect for you. One to three discussions or meetings are usually enough to allow you to approve the final project.
- It is always possible to add various additional services to your plan such as the electrical plan.
- At this stage it is also best to get quotes from one or more construction contractors
STEP 5. CORRECTION AND APPROVAL OF THE PRELIMINARY PLAN
The preliminary plan is 100% to your liking? Your Drummond House Plans professional then proceeds to the detailed development of all of the construction drawings for your project.
STEP 6. DELIVERY OF THE FINAL PLAN
Receive your final construction plan for your future house or cottage, in small or large format PDF and / or the number of printed blueprints you want, and as agreed to in your estimate.
You now have all the information you need to meet the contractor of your choice and get quotes for your construction work. The Drummond House Plans design team will also be available to answer your questions or those of your contractor before or during the work.